ABOUT THIS EVENT
Connected in Color: WOC Entrepreneurs Event on July 17th is an innovative virtual panel event for women of color (WOC) with bold ideas and a passion for building connections with like-minded innovators, entrepreneurs, and changemakers.
We know that across all sectors, Canada’s workplaces and entrepreneurial ecosystems fall short in meeting the aspirations of women of color.
Nearly 90 percent of investment deals publicly disclosed by Canadian venture capital funds over the past five years went to companies founded exclusively by men.
Together we can open more doors, make room at the table for women of color, and accelerate ideas and solutions that support the success of WOC entrepreneurs and intrepreneurs.
What to expect:
Attendees will gain invaluable advice from some of Canada’s leading WOC entrepreneurs & leaders that will equip them to meet their entrepreneurial and professional goals.
Attendees will also gain access to entrepreneurial mentorship, funding resources, training, workshops, and pitching opportunities.
This event is Canada’s first virtual event for WOC entrepreneurs & changemakers during this challenging time.
– Host: Elise Ahenkorah, Founder of #shemeets & inclusion FACTOR
– Denise Williams, CEO of the First Nations Technology Council
– Sarah Juma, Co-Founder, Innovate Inclusion
– Nicole Gomes, Chef, Chief Chicken Officer of Cluck n Cleaver, Top Chef Canada All-Stars Winner, Iron Chef Gauntlet Semi-Finalist
– Huda Idrees – Founder & CEO – Dot Health
– Sabine Soumare, Consultant, Francophone Strategy, WEKH and Founder of dBrief Consulting
– Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub
– Women ‘s Economic Council