ABOUT THIS EVENT
Join the UN Women USA Chicago Chapter for our Women in Leadership Forum. The topic at hand: The Future of STEM. Led by international and Chicago-based women STEM leaders who are changing the face of the field right now!
We’ll engage with two panels, the international young leaders panel, a group of young women who are fearlessly committed to changing their communities through STEM, and the Chicago-based professionals who will expand on where the field is currently and what the future looks like for women in STEM.
Host: Mónica Fonseca, United Nations environmental ambassador, Colombian-American television presenter, journalist and blogger.
International Young Leaders Panel:
– Adara Hagman, 18-year-old designer, activist, futurist, and writer.
– Riya Mehta, 16-year-old global health developer.
Chicago-Based Professional in STEM Panel:
– Dr. Lesley De Souza, Conservation biologist, and explorer at the Field Museum.
– Dr. Krissa Skogen, Associate Conservation Scientist, and Adjunct Associate Professor, Northwestern University.
– Dominique Tucker, a research scientist specializing in lab startups, immunology, and inflammation panel designs.
– Urvi Purani, Senior Program Manager, Motorola.
– Gabriela Voicu, software engineer and astrophysicist.
– Brittany Towers, food scientist, will be engaging in a virtual experiment with us!
See you all there!