Learn more about how The Collective Rising collects and uses data.
Updated July 02, 2020
To the extent we provide you notice on our Site of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
Clickable Table of Contents
1. What Information Does the Site Collect?
(a) Information You Provide to Us
• Through nomination forms filled out by a user on the Site.
• Through signing up and creating an account and/or profile.
• Through information provided by a user in connection with any services offered on the Site.
• Through surveys, polls, blogs and postings and submittals.
(b) Information We Collect and Store As You Access and Use the Site
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Site, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect and store certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information. This Usage Information may include:
• your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
• your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
• the URL that referred you to our Site;
• the areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
• your Device location;
• your Device characteristics; and
• certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and store Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
• Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Unlike Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s web site www.adobe.com. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on your Device, some parts of our Site may not function properly, and that when you revisit our Site your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
• Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Site’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
• Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
• Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
• ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
• Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
• Targeting-Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on third-party sites based on how you interact with our content and ads. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
(c) Information Third Parties Provide About You
(d) Interactions with Third Party Services
(e) California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
2. How Do We Use the Information Collected?
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including:
• to verify your identity;
• to provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about your nominations and related services;
• to enable you to participate in a variety of the Site’s features such as to enable you to participate in online surveys, entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
• to improve the Site;
• to customize your experience on the Site or to serve you specific content or ads that we believe are relevant to you including using your location information to display advertisements for companies in your close vicinity;
• to provide customer support;
• to contact you with regard to your use of the Site and, in our discretion, changes to the Site and/or Site’s policies;
• to improve the overall experience at the Site;
• for internal business purposes; and
If you submit any Personal Information in connection with a career opening or by submitting a resume through this Site, we will use that information only for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications, and we will not share such information with third parties. Where you have provided us with Personal Information or Demographic Information as part of an online application for employment or internship, we may use that information in order to allow us to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with your application. We may as part of this recruitment process collect information about your education, employment history and similar matters. Where this Personal Information or Demographic Information is considered to be sensitive, you expressly consent to our processing of this information for recruitment purposes by submitting it to us.
3. How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
(a) When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third Parties.
You may be presented with an option on our Site to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools apps or ads on our Site or link to them from our Site. This may include using third party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools and by so interacting you consent to such third party practices. It may also include ordering or purchasing products from third parties through us where we indicate that the third party rather than us is the seller. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
(b) Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf.
We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as: (i) to assist us in Site operations; (ii) to manage a database of customer information; (iii) hosting the Site; (iv) designing and/or operating the Site’s features; (v) tracking the Site’s activities and analytics; (vi) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (vii) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices, and information we have been informed of regarding such choices is available in Section 5 below. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
(c) Administrative and Legal Reasons.
(c) Affiliates and Business Transfer.
We may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
(d) Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions.
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Site that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
4. What About Information I Disclose Publicly?
(a) User Content and Public Information.
The Site may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, videos, audio recordings, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information (collectively, “User Content”), on blogs and message boards, product reviews and other public forums. We or others may store, display, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format and may or may not attribute the User Content to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please note that Company does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site.
(b) Name and Likeness.
5. Ads and Information About You
This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network, such as websites that feature advertisements delivered by the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as a DoubleClick cookie) together to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Site. To learn more about how to opt out of Google’s use of the Google Analytics cookie, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Additionally, the Site may use Adobe’s analytics and on-site personalization services. See http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html for more information. To learn about opting out of the use of Adobe cookies for analytics and on-site personalization, visit . After you opt out of the use of Adobe cookies for analytics and on-site personalization, Adobe will no longer collect and analyze information via cookies associated with your browser for these services. When you opt out, Adobe will place opt-out cookies on your browser.
6. Do Third-Party Content, Links to Third-Party Sites and/or Third-Party Apps Appear on the Site?
The Site may contain content, links or apps that are supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the Site are served to you for their own commercial purposes. In addition, when you are on the Site you may be directed to other sites and apps that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their sites or apps and they may be tracking you across multiple online services and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. These third parties may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. For example, if you “click” on a link, the “click” may take you off the Site onto a different location. These other online services may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect information about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of third-party owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We also encourage you to note when you leave our Site and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
7. How Do I Change My Information and Communications Preferences?
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. You may request to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Site’s forms by contacting us through the contact form on the Site. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
8. What About Transfer of Information to the United States?
9. What Should Parents Know About Children?
The Site is a general audience web site and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by U.S. law. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us by email at: email@example.com.
10. What About Security?
We endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.